If your organization is committed to supplier diversity, Aquarius Technologies can help you stay true to this core value.
We recently achieved certification as a Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and are recognized as a woman-owned business by the Small Business Administration (SBA) Women Owned Small Business (WOSB) program.
WBENC certification designates that a business is 51% or more owned by a woman. Aquarius Technologies is owned by Deborah K. LaVelle, a long-time thought leader in the wastewater treatment industry.
When you partner with a WBENC-certified business, you gain access to an impressive list of benefits:
- Research shows that organizations that embrace diversity are more profitable than those that do not. According to the Hackett Group, they enjoy a return on investment up to 130% greater. That’s because diverse companies tend to be more innovative and agile than those with traditional cultures that emphasize “groupthink.”
- The Federal government offers tax incentives to firms that conduct business with minority and woman-owned businesses. In addition, it reduces tax liabilities for projects funded with federal or state grants or loans.
- You gain access to innovation that typically grows within smaller firms, and the nimbleness and agility that comes with being a small, diverse firm.
- Woman and minority-owned businesses have access to special networking and training opportunities that aren’t available to larger firms, giving them an edge in professional development.
- Today, people like to align themselves with organizations that share their values. As a municipality or business, you can proudly tell your taxpayers and constituents that you are committed to diversity and are furthering economic growth in local communities.
- As a supporter of supplier diversity, you will make your municipality or business more attractive to corporations that are seeking to align themselves with other woman-owned businesses.